The best way to protect your dog’s paws is to moisturize them. You should always apply moisturizer when your dog’s paw pad get dry or cracked.
Don’t use standard moisturizers because they can soften your dog’s paw pads and lead to injury.
Table of Contents
Top 6 Paw Balms for Dogs
Below, we will discuss what are the five best paw moisturizers, balms, and waxes for dogs on the market.
1. Dr. Maggie’s Paw Wax for Dogs
Review: 4.1 out of 5 (87 customer ratings)
If you want to protect your dog’s paws from the cold or heat then Dr. Maggie Paw Wax is the best option for you. It is a natural mixture of ingredients like almond oil, coconut oil, Shea butter, waxes, and healing agents.
This paw wax is gentle on your dog’s sensitive paws. The ingredients in this paw wax can penetrate paws is are safe for dogs. In summer, it can keep the moisture content of the paws and protects your dog from hot pavements and grounds. In winter, waxes harden and act as a barrier against snow, ice, and salt.
- Substitute for dog boots
- Moisturizes and soothes dry and chapped pads
- Protect your dog from harsh weather
- Non-toxic to cats and dogs
- Safe to eat in cases of accidental ingestion
- It’s a bit messy and could leave a smudge on the floor
- There is a strong smell from the wax
- Doesn’t last very long
2. PawGold’s All Natural Dog Paw Balm
Review: 4.4 out of 5 (411 customer ratings)
If you need a balm that can instantly reduce inflammation and heal your dog’s paws, choose PawGold. It’s a lightweight, non-slippery serum that can help your dog restore moisture to his paws.
This balm has a unique formula that can immediately hydrate your dog’s paw. Your dog will get instant relief and protection against dryness after using PawGold.
- PawGold has fast healing, deep penetration, and fast hydration.
- It is a water-based serum with an ultra-lightweight consistency
- Does not feel greasy or sticky after application
- No pain sensation on the cracked and injured paws.
- This moisturizer is not recommended for dogs with sensitive stomachs.
- It has a thin watery consistency.
- It doesn’t work as fast as other brands
- The serum can cause irritation to some dogs.
Burt’s Bees Paw Lotion for Dogs
Review: 4.4 out of 5 (1,423 customer ratings)
Price: $ 6.87
If you are looking for a natural hydrating lotion that has healthy and nature-friendly ingredients, look no further than Burt’s Bees. They are considered pioneers in the manufacture of dog care products.
This paw lotion is made from nature’s finest ingredients and provides instant relief from irritated and cracked paw pads and noses. It provides a soothing sensation to your dog’s paw pads.
- This lotion does not contain artificial colors or fragrances.
- Its pH is balanced and does not cause irritation.
- It is suitable for dogs of all ages.
- Its natural ingredient can provide an immediate soothing effect.
- This lotion has a really bad smell.
- This lotion can cause irritation and allergic reactions in some dogs.
- Its consistency is like water, and it spills everywhere.
- If you apply it to dog hair, it becomes hard.
Musher’s Secret Wax
Review: 4.6 out of 5 (5,820 customer ratings)
If you are looking for 100% natural food-grade paw wax that is safe for your dog, then Musher’s Secret Dog Paw Wax is the one you are looking for.
This dog lotion forms an invisible shield against snow, sand, salt, and hot pavements. Their paw wax is also breathable, allowing perspiration to escape through the pads.
Vitamin E and beeswax are also included in the formula to help with healing.
- 100% natural human-grade ingredients
- Breathable shield
- Heals dry and cracked paws
- Works as a hotspot treatment
- Non-allergic, non-staining and quick-drying
- The wax can leave stains on the floor.
- It takes a few weeks to work
- This wax can cause an allergic reaction.
SPA Dog Paw Cream
Review: 4.1 out of 5 (36 customer ratings)
SPA Paw Cream by TropiClean is great for soothing damaged paws. This cream is made with the amazing blend of oatmeal and essential vitamins that renew and hydrate chapped dry and damaged paws.
The scent of this cream is refreshing and rejuvenated. You can also give your dog a regular bath with this product.
- Composed of high-quality botanical extracts
- Restore and renew damaged, dry and cracked paw pads
- Deep conditioner
- Smells great
- Made in the USA
- It can be slow to start working
- Overuse can dry out the paw pads and skin.
Importance of Dog Paw Protection
Dog paw pads are always working; they are insulating your dog’s paws from hot and cold weather, absorbing shock, and providing support in rugged, mountainous areas.
To do all these jobs, your dog needs his paws to be in good shape. In extreme weather conditions, the dogs’ paws became more sensitive and vulnerable. Infected or injured paws can lead to difficulty in walking and other skin problems.
There are many ways you can take care of your dog’s paws, which can be done on a weekly basis. Gently spread your dog toes and look for any injuries or cracks inside the toes.
To protect your dog’s pads from wear and tear, you can get dog boots if they live in extreme weather conditions. However, these dog boots are difficult to wear, and your pup will feel uncomfortable in them. This is why it is so important to moisturize your dog’s paws.