The best way to protect your dog’s paw is to moisturize it. Moisturizing is done when your dog’s paw pad is dry and cracked from the problem. Your vet can suggest your dog some excellent moisturizer. Don’t use human moisturizers because they can soften your dog’s paw pads and lead to injury.
In this article, we will discuss what are the five best paw moisturizer for dogs on the market and how we can care for dog paws with a paw moisturizer.
Dr. Maggie’s Paw Wax for Dogs
Review: 4.1 out of 5 (87 customer ratings)
If you want to protect your dog’s paws from cold, heat, or any irritating or abrasive ground, then Dr. Maggie Paw Wax is the best option for you. It is a natural combination of wonderful ingredients like almond oil, coconut oil, Shea butter, waxes, and healing agents.
This paw wax is gentle on your dog’s sensitive paws. The ingredients in this paw wax can penetrate paws and are safe for pets. In summer, it can keep the moisture content of the paws and protect from hot pavement and ground. In winter, waxes harden and act as a barrier against snow, ice, and salt.
- Substitute for dog boots
- Moisturizes and soothes dry and chapped pads
- Protect your dog from harsh weather
- Non-toxic to cats and dogs
- Accidental ingestion in small amounts is safe
- According to the review, a small amount of ingestion is not safe
- After application, it’s a bit messy and leaves a smudge on the floor
- The presence of wax in the formula is not safe for dogs.
- Fewer reviews
PawGold’s All Natural Dog Paw Balm
Review: 4.4 out of 5 (411 customer ratings)
If you need a balm that can instantly reduce inflammation and heal your dog’s wounds, choose PawGold. It’s a lightweight, non-slippery serum that can help your pup restore moisture to the paws.
This balm has a unique formula that can immediately hydrate your dog’s paw and has more penetration into the paw pad than any other lotion or cream. Your pet will get instant relief and protection against dryness after using PawGold.
- PawGold has fast healing, deep penetration, and fast hydration.
- It is a water-based serum with an ultra-lightweight consistency
- Does not feel greasy or sticky after application
- Do not give any pain sensation on the cracked and injured paws.
- According to reviews, this moisturizer is not safe for dogs with sensitive stomachs.
- It has a thin watery consistency.
- It doesn’t work as fast as the company claims.
- The serum can cause irritation to some dogs.
Burt’s Bees Paw Lotion for Dogs
Review: 4.4 out of 5 (1,423 customer ratings)
Price: $ 6.87
If you are looking for a natural hydrating lotion that has healthy and nature-friendly ingredients, look no further than Burt’s Bees for dogs has all the recommended properties. They are considered pioneers in the manufacture of dog care products.
This paw lotion is made from nature’s finest ingredients and provides instant relief from irritated and cracked paw pads and nose. It provides a soothing sensation to your dog’s paw pads, and his skin will feel the same again.
- This lotion does not contain artificial colors or fragrances.
- Its pH is balanced and does not cause irritation.
- It is suitable for dogs of all ages.
- Its natural ingredient can provide an immediate soothing effect.
- According to reviews, this lotion has an extremely bad smell.
- This lotion can cause irritation and allergic reactions in some dogs.
- Its consistency is like water, and it spills everywhere.
- If you apply it to dog hair, they become rough.
Musher’s Secret Wax
Review: 4.6 out of 5 (5,820 customer ratings)
If you are looking for 100% natural food-grade paw wax that is safe for your dog, then Musher’s Secret Dog Paw Wax is the one you are looking for.
This dog lotion forms an invisible shield against snow, sand, salt, and hot pavement. Paw Wax is also breathable, allowing perspiration to escape through the pads.
Vitamin E and beeswax are also included in the formula to help heal and condition the dog’s paw.
- 100% natural human-grade ingredients
- Breathable shield
- Heals dry and cracked paws
- Works as a hotspot treatment
- Non-allergic, non-staining and quick-drying
- After applying wax, the paw remains slippery and leaves stains on the floor.
- It is a good moisturizer, but the healing properties are not great according to customer reviews.
- This wax can cause an allergic reaction.
TropiClean Dog Paw Cream
Review: 4.1 out of 5 (36 customer ratings)
SPA paw and pad treatment by TropiClean is best for giving a soothing and healing effect on your dog’s damaged paws. This cream is made with the amazing blend of oatmeal and essential vitamins that renew and hydrate chapped dry and damaged paws.
The scent of this amazing cream is refreshing and rejuvenated. You can also give your dog a regular bath with this product. It also keeps your dog’s coat and skin healthy,
- Composed of high-quality botanical extracts
- Restore and renew damaged, dry and cracked paw pads
- Deep conditioner
- Healthier skin and coat
- Made in the USA
- Fewer reviews
- According to reviews, customers complain about the packaging and quality of the cream.
- Overuse can dry out the paw pads and skin.
Importance of Dog Paw Protection
Dog paw care is just as important as we care about our feet. Dog paw pads are always at work; they are insulating your dog’s paws from hot and cold weather, absorbing shock, and providing support in rugged, mountainous areas.
To do all these jobs, your dog needs his paws to be in good shape, and it is your duty to take care of them so that they keep running.
However, in extreme weather conditions, the dogs’ paws became more sensitive and vulnerable. Infected or injured paws can lead to difficulty in walking and other skin problems.
With all that work to be done, dog paws need special care. There are many processes by which you can take care of your dog’s paws, so it should be your habit to check his paws on a daily basis. Gently spread your dog toes and look for any injuries or cracks inside the toes.
To protect your dog’s paw from any wear and tear, you can wear them dog boots if they live in extreme weather conditions. However, these dog boots are difficult to wear, and your pup will feel uncomfortable in them. This is why it is so important to moisturize your dog’s paws.